PRA TCPA Settlement
- Class members can file claims online, by phone, or by mail
- Claims will be paid from $18 Million Settlement Fund
Most consumers just do not appreciate receiving calls on their cell phones from an automatic dialing telephone system. In fact, many times consumers are so irked by the calls a lawsuit gets filed over it. The plaintiff’s in the Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC, Telephone Consumer Protection Act Litigation allege that the defendants made cell phone calls to the Settlement Class without prior consent. The defendants placed the calls in attempt to collect debts and deny they violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). However, both sides have come to an agreed settlement which provides Class Members with an $18,000,000 Settlement Fund to make a claim on. Class Members wishing to get their rightful piece of the fund can go to the PRA TCPA Settlement page to file a claim online.
What else do I need to know about the PRA TCPA Settlement?
- To date the court has only made a preliminary approval of the settlement (the Final Fairness Hearing is to be held on December 5th, 2016)
- Checks will be mailed within 30 days of the Final Approval Order being finalized (as long as there are no appeals to settlement)
- Class Members who don’t like the PRA TCPA Settlement can exclude themselves by sending a request to the Settlement Administrator postmarked no later than November 4th, 2016
Those who wish to move forward with a claim must file online or by phone before the close of business on October 26th, 2016. Class Members wishing to submit their claim by mail will need to make sure the correspondence is postmarked no later than October 26th, 2016. All claims that are mailed must be sent directly to the Settlement Administrator.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- P.O. Box 43421, Providence, RI 02940-3421